The Essential Care Registered Nurse renders specialized professional nursing services, in accordance with program objectives, collaborative advocacy, follows providers' orders, for individualized patient care for assigned patients/families. The Essential Care Registered Nurse provides nursing care in the home in accordance with the Perinatal Program, Palliative Care Program and Essential Care Hospice Program objectives. The Nurse adheres to all policies and procedures of the organization and the State Nurse Practice Act.
Essential Care Perinatal Program: provides support, education and guidance to expectant parents and families whose unborn child has a life-threatening illness. The unique program helps expecting parents and families prepare for and cope with physical, emotional and spiritual challenges at the time of diagnosis and through the remainder of the pregnancy.
Essential Care Palliative Care Program: is a home-based palliative (symptom control) care program that provides coordination of medical services, as well as psycho-social and spiritual support to seriously ill children and their families. The RN coordinates the physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs of the child and family as well as collaborating with multiple specialties & pediatricians in the community.
Essential Care Hospice Program: provides pediatric specialized hospice care focused on quality of life, comfort-focused medical care, social support, and emotional and spiritual guidance for patients and families experiencing the final stages of a terminal illness. The RN is providing direct care to the patient.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
All Programs: Perinatal, Palliative and Hospice Care:
* Possesses, articulates and demonstrates advanced pediatric specialty knowledge of serious illnesses. * Demonstrates a bias for advocacy, acts on important needs/issues, is proactive and creative and able to maintain professional stability under pressure in keeping difficult situations in perspective. * Displays ability to establish and maintain positive collaborative relationships with community medical providers, support staff, specialty/facility care providers and intra-agency team. * Provides patient/family/caregiver teaching and resource information in all situations. * Organizes and prioritizes complex assignments. * Completes assignments and documentation in a timely fashion and according to policy. * Maintains security and HIPAA confidentiality of all patient medical records. * Reports unusual events and complaints per CHPC policy. * Must have schedule flexibility to meet patient needs. Accepts assignments per program policy for weekend, holiday and on-call scheduling.
* Provides consultative and case management support to mother with potential fatal or severe life limiting illness noted pre-delivery. * Provides advocacy in anticipation of un-born patient/mother/family needs.
Essential Care Palliative Care RN:
* RN focus is on assessment, teaching and coordinating case management referrals * Collaboration and advocating with community resources (medical, spiritual, psycho-social)
Essential Care Hospice RN:
* Performs comprehensive assessments to identify all physical, emotional, spiritual, environmental, and safety needs relating to the disease and symptom management in order to promote patient's well-being/quality of life with comfort and dignity. * Demonstrates competency of advanced pediatric clinical services and devices. * Receives and implements provider's orders. * Prepares and maintains a Plan of Care * Participates and promotes Interdisciplinary Disciplinary Team approach to all patient care. * Reconciles and teaches medication use and safe delivery.
* Education / Certification
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with current RN licensure in the State of New York.
Certification in Hospice and Palliative Care Nursing preferred.
Valid Driver's License, free of serious violations, and vehicle required for use when on duty or on-call.
(2) Years of nursing practice as a professional nurse and pediatric experience is preferred.
Associated topics: asn, ccu, intensive, intensive care unit, mhb, neonatal, nurse clinical, nurse rn, surgical, transitional
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.